I received an email in the last week or so from a friend and in it was one of those ‘chain mail’ like quizzes that you get in emails from time to time. Anyhow, for a change, I thought I might actually do the quiz and post it on my Blog as well. So here it is:
Getting to Know You 2008
Welcome to the 2008 edition of getting to know your friends. Change all the answers so they apply to you, send it on to your friends and reply to the friend who sent it to you, and then you will learn a lot of little things about your friends that you might not have known… and what they might like for Christmas.
1. What time did you get up this morning?
I got up at about 8.30 am – like to have a sleep in on a Saturday because I usually get up at 5.00 am for work.
2. Diamonds or pearls?
Neither do a great deal for me personally – though if I was buying for someone special it would more than likely be diamonds (if I could afford them).
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
I haven’t been too much lately, but I believe I saw the last Rocky movie with Kylie and Mark.
4. What is your favourite TV show at the moment?
Not watching much on the box at the moment – except the news. So the answer would be the news I guess.
5. What do you usually have for breakfast?
Don’t do breakfast – usually have something for Brunch, like a salad sandwich.
6. Favourite colour
7. What food do you dislike?
Tomato and tuna/salmon – yuk!!!
8. Favourite CD at the moment?
Not been listening to much lately – though I do like the latest Coldplay song a lot (Viva la Vida).
9. What kind of car do you drive?
I don’t – the last one tried to kill me in a bad accident (hit a tree and then went over the edge of a mountain). It was a Magna.
10. Favourite sandwich?
Hi fibre white bread (soft) with salad and ham (usually just lettuce, beetroot, lite cheddar cheese and ham – occasionally with a fried egg and/or bacon).
11. What characteristic do you despise?
12. Favourite item of clothing?
At the moment it is fairly basic – a pair of shorts.
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go?
I’m very keen to visit the Daintree in Queensland, tour Tasmania’s wild places and go to Kakadu again.
14. Favourite brand of clothing?
15. Where would you retire to?
Probably to the mountains in a reasonably remote location.
16. What was your most recent memorable birthday?
I think I had an enjoyable birthday with Rebecca once.
17. Favourite sport to watch?
18. Furthest place you are sending this?
Probably the Internet I’d say – it could turn up anywhere.
19. Person you expect to send it back first?
Wouldn’t expect to get one back to be honest.
20. When is your birthday?
Next Year. April 22. Any guesses on the age I’ll be?
22. Are you a morning person or a Night person?
Doesn’t concern me a lot – though I get a bit done at night.
None at the moment – but I do like to keep tropical fish.
25. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share with us?
Not at the moment – still trying to recover from the car accident. Will hopefully move to Tea Gardens in the New Year.
26. What did you want to be when you were little?
School teacher – didn’t happen.
27. How old are you today?
39 and a few months.
28. What is your favourite candy?
29. What is your favourite flower?
Being a horticulturist I like a lot of them – orchids are good.
30. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to?
None really – most are the same at the moment. I like weekends J
32. What is your full name?
Kevin William Matthews.
31. What are you listening to right now?
Cricket on TV in the background (Australia Vs Bangladesh in Darwin One Day International), Air Conditioner is going (warm), heavy rain and gale force winds outside, traffic on the Pacific Highway and my hitting the keyboard keys while I type.
34. What was the last thing you ate?
A cheese and bacon pie – not too healthy I’m afraid.
35. Do you wish on stars?
36. If you were a crayon, what colour would you be?
Does it matter – I wouldn’t know about anything. I like the colour blue.
38. Last person you spoke to on the phone?
39. Favourite soft drink?
Coke… though I’m refraining from drinking it at the moment – no good for me you see.
40. Favourite restaurant?
Haven’t been to any for a while – but I loved Sizzlers when it was around. I even went to Mt Isa to go to one.
41. Natural hair colour?
Brown – though there are quite a few greys these days.
42. What was your favourite toy as a child?
I have no idea – cricket bat perhaps.
43. Summer or winter?
44. Hugs or kisses?
45. Chocolate or Vanilla?
46. Coffee or tea?
Neither – I prefer hot chocolate here.
47. Do you want your friends to email you back?
I like them to get back to me – so yes.
48. When was the last time you cried?
Some time when I thought about Rebecca’s death.
49. What is under your bed?
Some shoes and magazines. I have limited storage here.
50. What did you do last night?
Slept – Played scrabble on the net and watched some ‘Chaser’s War on Everything (DVD).’
51. What are you afraid of?
Pain I suppose.
52. Salty or sweet?
Salty I think – though sweet is good too.
53. How many keys on your key ring?
A lot – though I’m not sure why.
54. How many years at your current job?
Coming up to 1 year.
55. Favourite day of the week?
One when I’m not at work J
56. How many towns have you lived in?
9 – Boolaroo, Stratford, Gloucester, Warners Bay, Charlestown, Argenton, Cardiff South, Bulahdelah and Croudace Bay (for a couple of months anyway).
57. Do you make friends easily?
Probably – but don’t have a lot.
58. How many people will you send this to?
A fair few – upwards of 20.
59. How many will respond?
None I would suspect.
60. What is your ideal Christmas Gift?
A car would be nice – but in reality, I don’t really expect much.